Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Good coffee and handmade dolls

I've been making little handmade dolls for a few months now. I trade them online with folks -- they're nothing fancy, really, just me playing with beads and fabric and thread. Mine are bigger than most -- fat and wide and a little goofy.

We went and bought a bunch of different kinds and strengths of coffee in sample sizes, just to see what we all like the best. It's funny -- I don't like mild coffee at *all*, but if I had to describe it, I'd immediately say it was too strong, not smooth enough.

Oh, I got my birthday present -- a Kindle reader. I *love* it. Love it. I was ambivalent, at best, about the Sony reader, but the Kindle makes me happy. :D I stayed in bed an extra hour this morning and read.

Exercise: Zumba tonight
Crafting: Worked on the entrelac scarf last night, am making a yellow doll today
Reading: Black Order, Heart-Shaped Box

2 comments:

  1. I got a sony touch for Christmas and like it WAY better than the 500. Which I know have to sell. LOL

    I'd love to see some photos of your dolls.

    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not interested in a Kindle (even though I am a Kendall), until I saw my friends' and realized you can put PDFs of your knitting patterns in it and not have to carry around all those pieces of paper. Heh. Now I want one.

    ReplyDelete