Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long Day

Repotted plants. Showered. Been thinking about family all day.

I keep thinking about twenty years ago, how scared I was, how tired. How I swore I'd do my best.

I did. It wasn't good enough, but I tried. I admit that I feel like I've been living a very long-term lie and now I'm sort of ashamed of myself for believing in it for so long.

Exercise today: 30 minute walk, 1 hour and 45 minutes hard-core gardening, will take another 1/2 hour walk this evening, weather-willing.
Craft today: If I get a chance, I'll knit on halloween dishcloths. I finished one postcard late last night and did the first layers on one more. Prepared one ATC.

1 comment:

  1. It certainly was good enough! Your responsibility is to get the child to adulthood. What the kid does with the tools you've offered and the love you've given is the kid's responsibility and lies squarely on their shoulders. You're done, honey.

    Now, I don't know all the details of what's been going on lately, obviously, but from where I'm sitting it seems to me there's a difference between living a lie and being deceived.

    *hugs*

    ~J

    ReplyDelete