Monday, September 7, 2009

New blog, new autumn, new new new

This is where I'll be rambling. It's my little place to share projects, have long thoughts (as opposed to Facebook updates ), and to, well, journal about writing, publishing, being an artsy tool, playing fantasy football, and raising hound dogs.

Today we bought pots for the agave (I know, dreadfully exciting), and got three more cacti (although, I have to tell you, I really think cactuses is a nicer-sounding word) for the front yard, which is in the process of being xeriscaped. (That's what we call 'all the grass has died, but we haven't put down the railroad ties and lava rock yet' phase.) Then we headed for the craft store - found a couple of odds and ends for ATCs, which I've decided I'm going to get back into. I did so enjoy making them years ago, and some scrapbooking stuff for Miss L. The miniatures were a bust, though. We have a couple of ideas for single roomboxes and then I'd like to do some themed hutches for holiday gifts.

We'll see how that goes, hmm?

Exercise for today: 45 minute walk, 30 minutes of raking, another 15 minute walk.
Art/Craft planned for today: Probably none. I need to catch up and clean.

4 comments:

  1. What's roomboxes? Is that like shadow boxes?

    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  2. *nods*

    It's like little wooden boxes with glass fronts that you make a single decorated room in. I'm wanting to go a fortune teller, a serial killer's garage, the crazy cat lady, etc. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god, how cool. *is boggled by the possibilities*

    ~B

    ReplyDelete
  4. *nods* A Harry Potter room, haunted insane asylum room, murder at the disco room, Shining room :D

    ReplyDelete